The best women's walking shoes for 2018 include some time honored customer favorites, revamped styles and brand new additions to the list.
If you've made it a goal to get fit and lose weight by fitness walking, the only thing you really need is a great pair of sneakers. But first, you need to know what type of shoe you need. They are designed for a variety of feet based on arch type and pronation.
This list will give you recommendations for women with high arches or flat feet. You'll also find the best choices for overpronation and underpronation.
If you don't know what type of feet you have, this article on how to find the
best walking shoes
for your feet will help you determine your foot type and give you recommendations on the proper shoe.
Below you’ll find a list of the best walking shoes for women. Some of the best brands are Asics, Brooks, Saucony and New Balance. A newcomer to the Best Walking Shoes List are Ryka walking shoes. They are stylish, affordable (less than $100) and receive great ratings by walkers. If there is a style for your foot type, give them some consideration.
You'll find recommendations for the best walking shoes for flat feet (motion control shoe) and the best walking shoes for high arches (neutral shoe). You'll also find some great choices for Stability shoes (normal arches, normal pronation).
- The Ryka Devotion Plus 2 has fun, stylish color gradients and a great price, too. For less than $80, it will deliver great comfort and cushioning. One walker said she felt like she "walking on a cloud". Another said her shin splint pain felt better when wearing these sneakers.
- New! The Ryka Brisk Walk are built to be comfortable and durable. They are breathable and come with plenty of cushioning to keep your feet comfortable.
- New! The Ryka Comfort Walk is made primarily from a leather upper which means it is going to be very durable but not the most breathable. If you need a shoe that is breathable then the Ryka Brisk Walk would be a better choice. This sneaker is built with a molded EVA midsole for comfort and the rubber outsole will give you good traction. This is a perfect choice for nurses, doctors, or anyone who needs to be on their feet all day.
- The Saucony Grid Omni Walker is a very comfortable shoe that provides good support and cushioning. Walkers love these shoes and they are great for those on their feet all day.
- New! I love the fun color combinations of the Ryka Devotion! This sneaker is built for comfort. It comes with an eco-OrthoLite® footbed for all-day comfort and shock absorption.
- New! The Ryka Dash 3 are made with a padded tongue and collar and a Molded EVA midsole to keep your feet comfortable all day. The insole is removable so you can add your own custom orthotics.
The Asics GEL-Tech Walker Neo 4 is built with Asics GEL® cushioning for added comfort and shock absorption. This style is also made with a bunion window so it's great for women who suffer from bunions or who are just looking for an extra roomy toe box. They are lightweight and made with Asics' DuoMax® materials which will help keep your feet dry. I also like the reflective details on the shoe which can be seen by headlights if you are walking at night.
- The Saucony Integrity ST 2 is a very well-made, durable shoe that is offered at a great price. It provides a lot of flexibility, especially in the forefoot. This is a great shoe for those with high arches. They can be worn all day.
- The Saucony Echelon LE2 is a perfect choice for someone who needs to be on their feet all day, whether it is for work or for sightseeing. This is a very comfortable shoe, built for great shock absorption and durability.
- Women love how comfortable the New Balance 877 is. It has a nice, roomy toe box as well. It is not a lightweight shoe (it's not heavy either, just not made with extra light materials). These are medicare-approved and will provide a lot of cushioning and comfort.
- New! The New Balance 940 version 3 is a running shoe but it is an overall great motion control shoe. It has a plush, padded tongue and collar for extra comfort around your ankles. It also provides a lot of breathability for your feet. They have a roomy toe box which makes them a great choice for a fitness walker.
- The Brooks Addiction Walker is an all-around fabulous shoe and always a favorite on my Best Women's Walking Shoe List. It is without a doubt, a customer favorite with an enormous amount of positive reviews. If you need a motion control shoe, give this one serious consideration. It is comfortable and lightweight, but comes with plenty of cushioning. In fact, many women enjoy wearing these shoes all day so they are perfect for someone who is on her feet all day. Additionally, they will give your feet the extra stability they need and help prevent them from rolling side to side.
I recommend trying on several different shoes to find the
best women's walking shoes for your feet. Visit a shoe store that
specializes in athletic shoes.
Talk with a knowledgeable staff member who can analyze the needs
of your feet and make recommendations on the best women's walking shoes that specifically for
you. You can even bring in your current walking shoes as the wear
pattern can help identify what kind of shoe you will need.
Buy your sneakers from a store that allows you to either
exchange or return your shoes within the first thirty to sixty days. A
pair that feels great on your feet in the store could give you trouble
once you start walking in your normal environment.
Don’t miss these helpful tips on how to find the most
comfortable walking shoes.
There are many choices for women's walking shoes. But the best pair of women's walking shoes are the ones that fits your feet best. Always go for comfort and the right level of support when it comes to a good exercise sneaker.