Looking for narrow walking shoes? I wear an AA myself and I know how limited the selection can get.
Brooks, New Balance and Saucony are great brands that come in AA widths and are great athletic sneakers made from high-quality, durable materials that are comfortable and provide plenty of cushioning, support and shock absorption.
Before you can pick the best pair for your feet, you’ll need to
know your foot type. Shoes vary in their cushioning and flexibility and
are made for different foot types.
Knowing your type will help you find the perfect pair of narrow
walking shoes that meet the needs of your feet. If you don’t know your
foot type, have a look at this article on the
best walking shoes.
It will help you quickly determine your foot type and you’ll also get recommendations on which type of shoe you should wear.
I do recommend trying on a few different styles and brands to
find out which is the best fit for your feet. A sporting goods store
will have the best selection and I recommend starting there first.
A well-trained staff member will be able to discuss your needs
with you and make suggestions on which brands and styles would be best
for your needs.
Look for a store with a good return policy that will allow you to wear your shoes for a time and return them if they don’t fit right. A pair may feel great in the store but can began to hurt when you wear them under your normal walking conditions.
But if you can't get to a store to try on shoes, take a look at these highly rated options. Made from reputable brands that offer the latest technology to keep your feet comfortable and dry, each of these narrow walking shoes is a great choice.
These shoes are best for women with normal feet and normal pronation, but women with flat feet or high arches may also find them most comfortable.
- The Women's Brooks Adrenaline GTS 17 are running shoes because I'm seeing a trend in 2017 in which shoe brands are making fewer walking shoes this year. There just aren't many narrow walking shoes to choose from. I actually wear this running shoe. Because I like to jog a bit, a running shoe is a good choice for me. It has a roomy toe box which makes this style a good option for walkers because we naturally spread our toes as we push off on each step we take.
- The Saucony Grid Omni Walker is a stability shoe that has received hundreds of positive reviews over the years. It rates highly for comfort and durability, but it also feels lightweight and provides good arch support.
- New! The New Balance 990 v4 is a running shoe which I've chosen to feature because it's getting more difficult to find a good walking shoe in a narrow width. Oh the joys of having narrow feet! Running shoes have more width options than walking shoes. This is a great sneaker which received a few complaints for its large tongue. But once walkers were able to get past that, they loved how comfortable these sneakers were. They are lightweight and have a roomy toe box which is great for walkers. They also have a removable insole.
- The New Balance 877 is a great narrow walking shoe for the neutral walker. It has a suede and mesh upper for breathability and durability. It is medicare-approved with a lot of padding and cushioning to keep your feet comfortable.
- The Saucony Integrity ST 2 is another great choice for a neutral walker. This is an all-around great sneaker and is very comfortable and provides the cushioning that a neutral walker needs.
- The New Balance 847, version 2, is a motion control shoe, which is recommended for women with flat feet and those who overpronate. It provides the support and control your feet need, yet feels comfortable at the same time.
- The Brooks Addiction Walker is a very popular motion control sneaker, and for good reason, too. It's a great athletic shoe but is comfortable and supportive enough to wear all day. It's a great choice if you need to be on your feet all day.
- New! The New Balance 940 v3 is a running shoe but they have great features for a walker such as great support and padding. I really love the color combinations which makes these sneakers really stylish, which can be hard to find in a motion control shoe.
- The Men's New Balance 1260, version 6, is a running shoe but they are packed with great features such as the strategically placed overlays to support your arches. You'll have enough room to spread out your toes and all of this comes in a great looking sneaker.
- New! The New Balance 990 v4 is a running shoe because finding a narrow walking shoe is getting more and more difficult. This is the reason I wear a running shoe - because I cannot find a walking shoe to fit my extra narrow feet. This sneaker is so plush and comfortable and will give you a great walk every time.
- The Men's New Balance 840v3 is a running shoe because I could not find a neutral narrow walking shoe. No matter though, as you'll be happy with this style. They allow for orthotics, too.
- The Brooks Addiction Walker has consistently been a great choice for men needing a motion control shoe. It's flexible and provides plenty of cushioning, making it comfortable enough to wear all day and can be used a great work shoe.
- The New Balance 940, version 3, for men, are a running shoe but I've been underwhelmed with the selection of narrow walking shoes for men. This sneaker won't disappoint.
- New! The Brooks Addiction 13 is a great looking motion control shoe. It offers stability, cushioning and durability. Men are reporting that the cushioning is great and helps with shin splints. The insole can be removed for a custom orthotic.
Remember, the best pair of sneakers will be the pair that fits the best and is the most comfortable.
To help find the best pair for you, read these valuable tips on how to pick the most comfortable walking shoes.
Now that you’ve found your perfect narrow walking shoes, you’re on your way to an enjoyable walk. Your feet will thank you for it!