The best rated walking shoes for 2018 are made from top quality materials, create maximum comfort and provide great overall value. They are designed with the needs of a fitness walker in mind.
They have been crafted with the
latest technology to provide the right amount of support, cushioning and
flexibility. In addition, they’ve been rated by hundreds of users on their comfort and durability.
I've created lists for both men and women so read on to find your perfect pair. This year's list included some time tested favorites that have been popular for years. In addition, there are newer styles and updated versions of styles from last year's list.
You'll find the best walking shoes for flat feet in the motion control category, the best walking shoes for high arches in the neutral category and a great variety of stability shoes for everyone else.
- The Ryka Devotion Plus 2 is actually a running shoe but since it has so many great comfort features built in, such as good cushioning, shock absorbency and padding, it's a great option for a walker. I love the sharp color combinations as well. It's a stylish, comfortable, affordable sneaker.
- New! New to the 2018 Best Rated Walking Shoes List is the Ryka Brisk Walk. A great looking sneaker at a great price. This style is made with mesh material to keep your feet dry and leather and synthetic overlays for durability. It also has a memory foam foot bed to keep your feet comfortable.
- New! New to the 2018 Best Rated Walking Shoes List is the Ryka Comfort Walk. This style is similar to the Ryka Brisk Walk listed above except this style is made primarily from leather. That means it's not going to be as breathable but it's very durable. This is a good option if you have to be on your feet all day.
- The Saucony Grid Omni Walker is a very comfortable shoe that provides good support and cushioning. Walkers love these shoes and they are great for those on their feet all day.
- The Asics GEL-Tech Walker Neo 4 is made with plenty of cushioning for a comfortable fit. It also has fabric that is designed to wick moisture and sweat away from your feet to keep them dry. It will provide good shock absorption and traction control for a nice, sturdy feel.
- New! New to the 2018 Best Rated Walking Shoes List is the Ryka Devotion. It is the winner of the Prevention Magazine Shoe Award for "Best All Day Comfort". It's comfortable, cute, and reasonably priced.
- New! New to the 2018 Best Rated Walking Shoes List is the Ryka Dash 3. They are comfortable, stylish, and well priced.
- The Saucony Integrity ST 2 really speaks for itself when it comes to a great walking shoe. It's made for comfort and durability and is a great athletic sneaker and is also perfect for those who need to be on their feet all day.
- The Saucony Echelon LE2 provides good shock absorption, traction control and durability. So far, women are loving this sneaker and can wear it as a workout shoe or for all day use.
- The New Balance 877 is rated very high for comfort and cuteness. A nice blend of colors but it also has all the support and comfort you need.
- New! New to the 2018 Best Rated Walking Shoes List is New Balance 940, version 3. This style is stylish and comfortable, which is a hard combination to find in a motion control shoe. In addition to good stability and motion control, this sneaker has a roomy toe box which is great for a fitness walker.
- The Brooks Addiction Walker has been a great choice for a few years now. It has so many positive reviews and women rate it highly for comfort, shock absorption and arch support.
- New! The men's New Balance 990 version 4 are new to the Best Rated Walking Shoes List. This is a sharp looking sneaker that has great stability and support. Even though they are running shoe (the options for walking shoes are getting slimmer and slimmer), they are comfortable enough to wear a ll day and would be a great option for a walker.
- The Saucony Grid Omni Walker is a great choice for men looking for a lightweight, comfortable walking shoe.
- New! The New Balance 85 version 1 makes the 2018 Best Rated Walking Shoes list because it is a good looking, comfortable sneaker.
- New! New to the 2018 Best Rated Walking Shoes List are the Hoka One One Bondi LTR. This is all new kind of sneaker that is built on a rocker platform which is designed for the greatest level of comfort. They are great if you have to be on your feet all day, suffer from foot problems, joint problems, etc.
- The New Balance 1865, Version 1 have a lot of cushioning to provide maximum comfort. They run small so order a size up.
- The New Balance 665 is lightweight and breathable. It's provides great shock absorption as well. At less than $70 it is a great value.
- The Saucony Echelon LE2 has a lot of great features - low heel-to-toe drop to create a more natural foot strike, cushioning, shock absorption and durability as well.
- The New Balance 877 is a comfortable sneaker that is also medicare-approved. It is made from suede and mesh as well as a durable rubber sole.
- The Brooks Addiction Walker is one of the best rated walking shoes for men. It provides top of the line comfort and stability.
- New! New to the 2018 Best Rated Walking Shoes List are the Brooks Addiction 13. These are running shoes but they are a great looking motion control shoe. They are comfortable, accommodate orthotics and keep your feet dry.
- New! The New Balance 940 version 3 are a running shoe but is getting more difficult to find a good motion control walking shoe. It seems that most sneaker companies have decided to put their resources into making running shoes instead. This sneaker is designed to give you a smooth ride with its superior cushioning and great motion control.
This list of best rated walking shoes fit the needs of fitness walkers. They
are also well-known name brands that use quality materials. And most of
them can be purchased for less than $100. It may be tempting to
purchase a discount shoe, but if they are made from inferior materials
they can wear out quickly which could in turn cause blisters or other
skin injuries to your feet.
It’s important to remember that the
best walking shoes
for your feet are the ones that fit best and are the most comfortable.
This means that you don’t have to be bound to this list of best rated
walking shoes. If you find a well-made shoe that fits perfectly but
isn’t on this list – buy it!
Take some time to visit an athletic footwear professional at a
great fitness shoe store. They are more than happy to discuss and
analyze your needs as well as the shape and design of your feet.
An analysis of your feet will identify which type of shoe you
need. For example, those with high arches often need a neutral shoe.
Those with flat feet typically need a motion control shoe and those with
a normal arch can wear a shoe with some stability.
So you see, choosing the right shoe involves more than finding a
good color and a great price. It even goes farther than selecting a shoe
from this list of best rated walking shoes for 2018. You should know
what foot type you have and select shoes specifically designed for your
Make your purchase from a store that has a good exchange policy.
Although your shoes should feel comfortable when you try them on, they
may become uncomfortable within a few days of using them under your
normal walking conditions. A reputable athletic store will allow you to
bring them back and exchange them for another pair.
Here are some helpful tips to help you find the most
comfortable walking shoes.
Taking the time to find the best rated walking shoes that fit your needs
and the shape and biomechanics of your feet is well worth the extra
effort. Your feet will feel great and you’ll be able to walk longer
because of it. And that will make you feel great too!