New Balance walking shoes can be found in a variety of styles, widths and sizes. In the past few years I've seen their options decrease. They still have a great selection for the walker who has a neutral foot type.
But if you need a stability or motion control sneaker, your selection is very limited with this brand...and the ratings of them aren't very good.
That is why I've added running shoes to this list. I'd rather show you a list of highly rated running sneakers then a few mediocre walking sneakers. For most walkers, a running sneaker will work just fine. They are more expensive but you get a lot of great cushioning and comfort.
I wear a running sneaker because I can't find a good stability walking shoe in a narrow width. I've had no problems with my running sneakers but it may take some trial and error to find the best brand and style for you.
If you don’t know whether you need a neutral, stability, or motion control sneaker, please take a minute to read this article on how to pick the best walking shoes. It is a step by step guide on how to determine which type of shoe your feet need.
The sneakers listed below are sorted by foot type so that once you determine whether you need a neutral, stability or motion control shoe, you can quickly select the best style for your feet.
- The New Balance 877 is medicare-approved and made with a suede and mesh upper for breathability and comfort. Women walkers give it high marks for comfort and style. It also has plenty of toe room.
- The New Balance 665 is lightweight with a foam padded collar and tongue to keep your feet comfortable all day.
- The New Balance 1865, Version 1, are comfortable, well-cushioned sneaker that is great looking, too.
- The New Balance 623 are comfortable enough to wear all day. They received very high marks for their comfort.
- The New Balance 665 is a great style for all of your outdoor activities. Breathable, lightweight and well-cushioned, this style will keep you in comfort all day.
- The New Balance 877 is medicare approved and can accommodate orthotics. It has a breathable mesh and suede upper with premium cushioning in the footbed for maximum comfort.
- New! New to the 2018 Best New Balance Walking Shoes List...is a running shoe! I could not find a highly-rated stability walking shoe by New Balance. Instead, I found this incredibly well-rated running sneaker. It is made with a breathable mesh upper and pigskin for added durability. They come in both narrow and wide widths so most walkers will find a really good fit with this sneaker.
- New! The New Balance 990 version 4 for men is a running shoe but has stellar ratings. Made from a breathable mesh to keep your feet dry and pigskin layers, it is also durable. This is a sharp looking sneaker that provides good stability and support.
- New! The Balance 813 for men is made from leather and is a great option for a health care worker. Men who have extra wide feet really love this sneaker. It also comes in a hook and loop closure for those who have difficulty tying laces.
- New! The New Balance 813 for women are new to the 2018 Best New Balance Walking Shoes List. They provide comfort and motion control and have a lot of great ratings by women who are wearing them. This is a great option for a nurse or someone who has to be on her feet all day. It also comes in a hook and loop closure for those that have difficulty tying laces.
New Balance shoes are a great choice for fitness walking. Once you’ve selected the right shoe type for your feet, it will be easy to find a style that you like and you can get back to walking comfortably and getting fit.