The best women's walking shoes for 2017 include some time honored customer favorites, revamped styles and brand new additions to the list.
If you've made it a goal to get fit and lose weight by fitness walking, the only thing you really need is a great pair of sneakers. But first, you need to know what type of shoe you need. They are designed for a variety of feet based on arch type and pronation.
This list will give you recommendations for women with high arches or flat feet. You'll also find the best choices for overpronation and underpronation.
If you don't know what type of feet you have, this article on how to find the
best walking shoes
for your feet will help you determine your foot type and give you recommendations on the proper shoe.
Below you’ll find a list of the best walking shoes for women. Some of the best brands are Asics, Brooks, Saucony and New Balance. A newcomer to the Best Walking Shoes List are Ryka walking shoes. They are stylish, affordable (less than $100) and receive great ratings by walkers. If there is a style for your foot type, give them some consideration.
You'll find recommendations for the best walking shoes for flat feet (motion control shoe) and the best walking shoes for high arches (neutral shoe). You'll also find some great choices for Stability shoes (normal arches, normal pronation).
- New! The Ryka Devotion Plus 2 has fun, stylish color gradients and a great price, too. For less than $80, it will deliver great comfort and cushioning. One walker said she felt like she "walking on a cloud". Another said her shin splint pain felt better when wearing these sneakers.
- New! New to the 2017 Best Women's Walking Shoes List is the Ryka Charisma. Lightweight, comfortable and affordable, these sneakers are breathable and come with plenty of cushioning to keep your feet comfortable.
- New! New to the 2017 Best Women's Walking Shoes List is the Altra Women's Provision Walk. Although it doesn't come in fun color combinations, it's a nice, sleek looking sneaker. This shoe is designed for women who are on their feet all day: nursing, delivery, culinary, etc. It has a wide toe box which can help with bunions. It is built with a Zero Drop™ Platform, meaning a negative heel that isn't raised like traditional athletic sneakers. It allows for a more natural foot strike and helps you maintain a natural foot position.
- New Balance really knows how to create a great walking shoe. The 1065 model, at around $80 is a great option. Made with high performance materials, this is a lightweight, comfortable, great looking shoe. This shoe runs a bit narrow so if you have a wide foot or need a lot of room for your toes, this is not the shoe for you.
- The Saucony Grid Omni Walker is a very comfortable shoe that provides good support and cushioning. Walkers love these shoes and they are great for those on their feet all day.
- New! New to the 2017 Best Women's Walking Shoes List is the Hoka One One Valor. If you haven't heard about Hoka shoes yet, you'll soon be seeing them everywhere. It's the newest type of shoe to hit the athletic market and people absolutely love them. They are perfect for a neutral walker who needs the maximum amount of cushioning for her feet. If you have to be on your feet all day, consider these shoes. They are a bit expensive but worth every penny. Many people report that they have tender feet or foot pain but no longer feel pain when wearing their Hoka's. Despite their bulky appearance, they are actually quite lightweight.
The Asics GEL-Tech Walker Neo 4 is built with Asics GEL® cushioning for added comfort and shock absorption. This style is also made with a bunion window so it's great for women who suffer from bunions or who are just looking for an extra roomy toe box. They are lightweight and made with Asics' DuoMax® materials which will help keep your feet dry. I also like the reflective details on the shoe which can be seen by headlights if you are walking at night.
- The Saucony Integrity ST 2 is a very well-made, durable shoe that is offered at a great price. It provides a lot of flexibility, especially in the forefoot. This is a great shoe for those with high arches. They can be worn all day.
- The Saucony Echelon LE2 is a perfect choice for someone who needs to be on their feet all day, whether it is for work or for sightseeing. This is a very comfortable shoe, built for great shock absorption and durability.
- Women love how comfortable the New Balance 877 is. It has a nice, roomy toe box as well. It is not a lightweight shoe (it's not heavy either, just not made with extra light materials). These are medicare-approved and will provide a lot of cushioning and comfort.
- New! The Asics Women's
GEL-Foundation® Workplace is a great shoe for women who have to be on their feet all day. For example, if you are an RN, this is a great choice for you. They are comfortable and provide good motion control. The AHAR® outsole helps to provide good slip resistance.
- The New Balance 847, version 2 receives high marks for comfort, cushioning and arch support. It's also Medicare-approved and breathable to keep your feet dry. You can use your own orthotics and they are great to wear as a work shoe.
- The Brooks Addiction Walker is an all-around fabulous shoe and always a favorite on my Best Women's Walking Shoe List. It is without a doubt, a customer favorite with an enormous amount of positive reviews. If you need a motion control shoe, give this one serious consideration. It is comfortable and lightweight, but comes with plenty of cushioning. In fact, many women enjoy wearing these shoes all day so they are perfect for someone who is on her feet all day. Additionally, they will give your feet the extra stability they need and help prevent them from rolling side to side.
I recommend trying on several different shoes to find the
best women's walking shoes for your feet. Visit a shoe store that
specializes in athletic shoes.
Talk with a knowledgeable staff member who can analyze the needs
of your feet and make recommendations on the best women's walking shoes that specifically for
you. You can even bring in your current walking shoes as the wear
pattern can help identify what kind of shoe you will need.
Buy your sneakers from a store that allows you to either
exchange or return your shoes within the first thirty to sixty days. A
pair that feels great on your feet in the store could give you trouble
once you start walking in your normal environment.
Don’t miss these helpful tips on how to find the most
comfortable walking shoes.
There are many choices for women's walking shoes. But the best pair of women's walking shoes are the ones that fits your feet best. Always go for comfort and the right level of support when it comes to a good exercise sneaker.