Wide walking shoes are available in many brands and styles. Here
you’ll find the top picks for 2017 for men and women for every foot type. From high arches to flat feet, for overpronators and underpronators, there is a perfect shoe on this list for complete comfort and durability.
You can find a great pair for around $100
or less. Avoid buying cheap or discount shoes because the materials are inferior and
will wear out quickly.
It is best to shop for shoes in person, at an athletic shoe
store, so you can try on a few pairs to find the one that fits best.
You can even bring in your current pair of walking shoes and an
experienced employee will be able to discuss your wear patterns, as well
as your needs for a new pair and make some recommendations for you.
But, if you can't get to a shoe store, don’t miss this article on how to find the
best walking shoes
for you. It will walk you through determining the wear pattern on your current sneakers and other techniques to determine exactly what type of shoe will fit your feet best.
Understanding the needs of your feet will help you select a pair of wide walking shoes that has just the right amount of flexibility, control and cushioning to keep you walking pain free.
- New! New to the 2017 Best Wide Walking Shoes List is the Ryka Devotion Plus 2. Although this is a running shoe, it's a great choice for walkers because it has great cushioning and comfort, breathability and durability. For less than $100, they are a good deal and they are stylish, too
- New! New to the 2017 Best Wide Walking Shoes List is the Ryka Charisma. This style has good arch support and a memory foam footbed.
- The New Balance 1065 is built for comfort, this sneaker is very lightweight and will help prevent rubbing and chafing around the top of your foot with its no-sew construction.
- The Saucony Grid Omni Walker is a comfortable and lightweight option that provides good shock absorption. Walkers who have bunions or plantar fasciitis find these to be a great option to help relieve their pain.
- This style offers plenty of cushioning, which is just what a neutral walker needs. It's an extremely well-made shoe that will hold up even if you wear it every day. It is also very lightweight and comfortable.
- The Saucony Echelon LE2 provides great cushioning and shock absorption, which is just what women with a neutral foot need. It has a great rubber sole for good traction control. This is a great shoe to wear if you are on your feet all day. Women report that they are comfortable enough to wear for working 9, 10, even 12 hours a day.
- The New Balance 877 is packed with great features for a walker. It has padding and cushioning all over to keep your feet comfortable. It has good shock absorption and is medicare approved.
- The New Balance 847, version 2 has great pronation control to give you added support. Women rate this style well for comfort and consider it a great all around walking shoe. It's not as lightweight as other styles, but it does offer that extra bit of stability, which makes a big difference to those who need it.
- This is consistently a top-rated wide walking shoe. It is extremely comfortable and offers great shock absorption. It is lightweight and can be worn with orthotics.
- New! New to the 2017 Best Wide Walking Shoes List is New Balance 928, version 2. This sneaker is going to give you a lot of stability. Women rave about this sneaker! They say they are extremely comfortable.
- New! The Asics Women's GEL-Foundation® Workplace is new to the 2017 Best Wide Walking Shoes List. This is a work shoe, built for comfort so you can wear them all day while on your feet.
- The New Balance 847, version 2 is medicare approved and designed to keep your feet dry and odor free. There are plenty of positive reviews on this sneaker. It's a comfortable, good looking shoe.
- The Saucony Grid Omni Walker is perfect for everyday wear and fitness walking. It's approved for diabetic walkers and is good for those with plantar fasciitis.
It received high marks for comfort and is lightweight and provides good shock absorption.
- The Saucony Echelon LE2 has a leather upper and plenty of cushioning to keep you comfortable. It offers good shock absorption, durability and traction control.
- The New Balance 665 is lightweight and breathable. It has great shock absorption and cushioning in the heel and forefoot.
- The New Balance 1865, Version 1, is a good looking sneaker. They receive great ratings for comfort. They run on the small side so order a half size larger.
New Balance - MW877 (Grey) Men's Shoes
- The New Balance 877 is a great option for the neutral walker. It is very comfortable, with a nice suede and mesh upper for breathability.
-The Brooks Addiction Walker is an all-around outstanding walking shoe that offers great motion control and comfort, too.
Men like that it is a comfortable shoe that feels lightweight and is durable, too.
- Although the Men's New Balance 940v3 is a running shoe, it's a great motion control sneaker that will give you comfort, style and support.
If you are a woman, you can wear mens' styles as they are made wider than women’s and may be a good fit for a wider foot.
Before heading to the store, read these valuable tips on how to pick the most
comfortable walking shoes.
Buy your wide walking shoes from a store that has a good exchange or return policy. A pair may feel great in the store, but you may develop aches and pains when you use them under your normal walking conditions. If that happens, you should be able to bring your wide walking shoes back and exchange or return them.
It is easy to find a great selection of the best wide walking shoes. With a bit of knowledge about what your feet need, you’re on your way to finding your perfect pair!