Nike walking shoes are no longer available. They offer a good selection of "lifestyle" shoes, but in my opinion, those are very different than walking shoes. Many of the "lifestyle" designs are more fashion based instead of athletic based.
If you have your heart set on a Nike walking shoe, it is most likely OK to choose a running shoe instead.
Although walking shoes are built with extra cushioning in the heel to
cushion a walker's foot strike and a wider toe box than a running shoe,
running shoes are usually more cushioned all around and are more
flexible as well.
I am a fitness walker but I wear a running shoe for a few
reasons. First, I like to sprinkle in a little bit of jogging during my
walks and it is much easier to walk in a running shoe than it is to jog
in a walking shoe because running shoes are more flexible. Second, I
have very narrow feet and running shoes offer a better selection of
In fact, Nike walking shoes don't come in a variety of widths. If you have narrow feet, I'd recommend having a look at
New Balance walking shoes
or Asics walking shoes,
which is what I wear for my narrow feet.
If you feel that your toes are squished in your current shoe, then a walking shoe is probably better for you because they have wider toe boxes than running shoes.
What is more important than whether the shoe is designed for
running or walking is finding the right shoe type for your feet. The
best pair for you is the pair that fits your feet and feels most
comfortable. To find out how to determine the best pair for you, have a
look at this great article on the
best walking shoes.
Below you’ll find a description of each Nike Running Shoe. I’ve also read through all of the user reviews to determine which style appeals to fitness walkers of every level. This will help you determine the pair that is best for your feet and your needs.
Below, you'll find some of Nike's most popular running shoes.
- The Nike LunarTempo 2 made the 2017 Best Nike Walking Shoes List because they are a great sneaker, packed with all of the materials needed to keep your feet dry and comfortable. And at less than $70, they are a great price. They run a little small so order a half-size to size larger. Perfect for: neutral foot type.
- The Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 33 is lightweight and flexible with plenty of breathability to keep your feet dry. They have good traction control, too. Perfect for: a neutral foot type.
- The Nike Lunarglide 8 offer a lot of cushioning and comfort as well as support for your overpronation. Perfect for: Stability foot type.
- The Nike Zoom Winflo 3 is lightweight and flexible with plenty of cushioning to keep your feet comfortable. It's made from breathable materials to keep your feet dry. They've been described as "walking on a cloud". Perfect for: Neutral foot type.
- The Nike Free RN is on the 2017 Best Nike Walking Shoes List because they win very high marks for comfort and support. They are lightweight and stylish and women love them! Perfect for: Neutral foot type.
- The Nike Lunarglide 8 are lightweight and comfortable. One runner described them as "running on air". They have plenty of cushioning and support to keep your feet in comfort on a long walk. Recommended foot type: Stability (overpronation)
- The Nike Free RN was added to my Best Nike Walking Shoes List because it is an outstanding sneaker. It offers the minimal feel but has a lot of cushioning and flexibility. The solid rubber under the toe is going to give you good traction control. Recommended foot type: Neutral, supination.
- The Nike Air Relentless 6 is light and flexible. I love the look of this style and the two-toned colors. One great feature is a reflective strip on the back which is a great safety feature if you walk in the early hours or at night. Recommended foot type: Neutral, underpronation.
- The Nike Lunartempo 2 are lightweight, comfortable and flexible. They have highly breathable mesh to keep your feet dry and good shock absorption, too. Recommended foot type: Neutral
- The Nike Air Zoom Pegasus is light, flexible and offers plenty of cushioning for your comfort. This is a sharp looking shoe, with many nice color combinations available. Recommended foot type: Neutral
I was very disappointed to find virtually no Nike walking shoes. They seem to have stopped making this line of athletic sneakers.
However, their running shoes are made with top notch
materials to keep your feet dry and comfortable. They are a great choice
for fitness walkers who also like to incorporate some jogging into their workouts.
Please view my list of Best Rated Walking Shoes that includes walking shoes from many different brands. You'll find a lot of great options in every color, price and style.
Don’t miss this helpful article on how to pick the most comfortable shoes. It offers great tips for how to determine which shoe you are going to be most happy with.