Nike walking shoes are available for 2015 and a few styles are very highly rated by walkers. However, Nike doesn't have a large selection, as they put most of their resources into their other athletic shoes.
If you have your heart set on Nike and can't find a walking shoe
that you like, it is most likely OK to choose a running shoe instead.
Although walking shoes are built with extra cushioning in the heel to
cushion a walker's foot strike and a wider toe box than a running shoe,
running shoes are usually more cushioned all around and are more
flexible as well.
I am a fitness walker but I wear a running shoe for a few
reasons. First, I like to sprinkle in a little bit of jogging during my
walks and it is much easier to walk in a running shoe than it is to jog
in a walking shoe because running shoes are more flexible. Second, I
have very narrow feet and running shoes offer a better selection of
In fact, Nike walking shoes don't come in a variety of widths. If you have narrow feet, I'd recommend having a look at
New Balance walking shoes
asics walking shoes,
which is what I wear for my narrow feet.
If you feel that your toes are squished in your current shoe,
then a walking shoe is probably better for you because they have wider
toe boxes than running shoes.
What is more important than whether the shoe is designed for
running or walking is finding the right shoe type for your feet. The
best pair for you is the pair that fits your feet and feels most
comfortable. To find out how to determine the best pair for you, have a
look at this great article on the
best walking shoes.
Below you’ll find a description of each Nike Walking Shoe. I’ve also read through all of the user reviews to determine which style appeals to fitness walkers of every level. This will help you determine the pair that is best for your feet and your needs.
Nike walking shoes are a little hard to find online although I've found some that I've included in the list below. You can find one or two more on the Nike website. I've also included some of their most popular running shoes.
One great feature of many of the shoes below is that they come with NIKE + which is a sensor built into the shoes that tracks your movements and sends data to your smart phone.
NIKE + will help you track your daily movements, set goals, create challenges with your friends, find new walking routes and more.
Nike View III (White/Pale Blue) Women's Walking Shoes
- The Nike View III is lightweight and provides moderate arch support, They received high marks for comfort and cushioning.
It is made with great materials including soft lining to keep your feet comfortable. It is also made with mesh materials to keep the air circulating around your feet to keep them dry. They are also easy to keep clean
The rubber on the bottom of the shoe provides great traction and is made from slip resistant materials. And Nike included their Rolling Rail technology in the outsole for a stable ride through the heel-to-toe transition.
Nike Zoom Elite+ 6 (Distance Blue/Anthracite/Club Pink/Reflect Silver) Women's Running Shoes
- The Nike Zoom Elite +6 is a neutral running shoe meaning it
has plenty of flexibility, shock absorbency and cushioning. It's also
lightweight and receives high marks for comfort. It comes in a variety
Nike FS Lite Run (Hyper Cobalt/University Blue/Hyper Pink) Women's Running Shoes
- The Nike FS Lite Run is a nice, lightweight shoe with extra cushioning in the tongue area and collar for a comfortable fit. Women rated them very highly for their comfort and arch support.
Nike Zoom Fly (Purple Venom/Wolf Grey/Volt) Women's Running Shoes
- The Nike Zoom Fly is a running shoe that would be great for a woman needing a stability shoe. Women love the vivid colors and rate them high in comfort.
Nike View III (Black/Black) Men's Walking Shoes
- The Nike View III received great ratings for comfort and style. It is available in a wide width and provides moderate arch support.
It is made of a durable "upper" (the top portion of the shoe) that is easy to clean. It also has perforated holes above the toe box and fabric mesh to help air circulate around your feet and to keep your feet dry.
It is made with lots of padding for comfort and cushioning for shock absorption. It is also made with Rolling Rail technology to help your foot strike the ground properly.
Nike Air Max Run Lite 5 (Cool Grey/Anthracite/White/Metallic Silver) Men's Running Shoes
- The Nike Air Max Run Lite 5 is a good shoe for a neutral foot. It provides a lot of cushioning and flexibility. This style offers a lot of flexibility in the forefoot, which is good for walking. They were rated highly for their comfort and reasonable price.
Nike Zoom Fly (Atomic Mango/Military Blue/Black) Men's Running Shoes
- The Nike Zoom Fly Automatic is a running shoe but has a lower heel, which is great for a walker. It also has a flexible forefoot, which will support a walker's natural stride. This is a good option for a mild overpronator, someone looking for a stability shoe.
Nike walking shoes and running shoes are made with top notch materials to keep your feet dry and comfortable. They are a great choice for fitness walkers although I'm disappointed about the small selection of walking shoes as well as the limited availability of wide and narrow widths.
Please view my list of Best Rated Walking Shoes that includes walking shoes from many different brands. You'll find a lot of great options in every color, price and style.
Don’t miss this helpful article on how to pick the most comfortable shoes. It offers great tips for how to determine which shoe you are going to be most happy with.