Nike walking shoes are no longer available. They offer a good selection of "lifestyle" shoes, but in my opinion, those are very different than walking shoes. Many of the "lifestyle" designs are more fashion based instead of athletic based.
If you have your heart set on a Nike walking shoe, it is most likely OK to choose a running shoe instead.
Although walking shoes are built with extra cushioning in the heel to
cushion a walker's foot strike and a wider toe box than a running shoe,
running shoes are usually more cushioned all around and are more
flexible as well.
I am a fitness walker but I wear a running shoe for a few
reasons. First, I like to sprinkle in a little bit of jogging during my
walks and it is much easier to walk in a running shoe than it is to jog
in a walking shoe because running shoes are more flexible. Second, I
have very narrow feet and running shoes offer a better selection of
In fact, Nike walking shoes don't come in a variety of widths. If you have narrow feet, I'd recommend having a look at
New Balance walking shoes
asics walking shoes,
which is what I wear for my narrow feet.
If you feel that your toes are squished in your current shoe, then a walking shoe is probably better for you because they have wider toe boxes than running shoes.
Hands down, the best walking shoes are made by New Balance. They've come up with an incredible selection. You can see my recommendations here.
What is more important than whether the shoe is designed for
running or walking is finding the right shoe type for your feet. The
best pair for you is the pair that fits your feet and feels most
comfortable. To find out how to determine the best pair for you, have a
look at this great article on the
best walking shoes.
Below you’ll find a description of each Nike Running Shoe. I’ve also read through all of the user reviews to determine which style appeals to fitness walkers of every level. This will help you determine the pair that is best for your feet and your needs.
Below, you'll find some of Nike's most popular running shoes.
Nike - Lunarglide 7 (Vivid Purple/Hyper Orange/Pink Foil/Black) Women's Running Shoes
- The Nike Lunar Glide 7 is made for comfort and is a great choice for a woman needing a stability sneaker. It is soft and even helps to prevent rubbing and blisters. It is lightweight and women report that it is very comfortable.
Nike - LunarTempo (Vivid Purple/Black/Light Violet/Copa) Women's Running Shoes
- The Nike LunarTempo is a great addition to the 2016 Best Nike Walking Shoes List. It is a very comfortable, lightweight shoe. It's a great option if you are looking for a neutral shoe. Women report that this style runs small so you may want to order at least a half size bigger. It receives high marks for comfort and support.
Nike - Air Zoom Pegasus 32 (Menta/Liquid Lime/Ghost Green/Black) Women's Running Shoes
- The Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 32 comes in so many great color combinations! I love this mint green option. This is a great option if you need a neutral sneaker. Very lightweight and breathable and made with materials to keep your feet comfortable from heel to toe.
Nike - Zoom Winflo 2 (Copa/Hyper Orange/White/White) Women's Running Shoes
- The Nike Zoom Winflo 2 are lightweight, comfortable and supportive. I love the color combinations, especially this light and bright color combination shown here. These shoes are made for comfort and and are lightweight and breathable, too.
Nike - Lunarglide 7 (Brave Blue/Blue Lagoon/Hyper Orange/Black) Men's Running Shoes
- The Nike LunarGlide 7 is a comfortable shoe that is made to help prevent chafing and blisters. They provide moderate support and are lightweight and soft, perfect if you need a stability sneaker.
Nike - LunarTempo (Black/Blue Lagoon/Copa/Volt) Men's Running Shoes
- The Nike LunarTempo is a great option for a netural walker/runner. It is lightweight, breathable and has a removable insole.
Nike - Air Zoom Pegasus 32 (Blue Lagoon/Bright Citrus/Total Orange/Black) Men's Running Shoes
- The Nike Air Zoom Pegasus is made for comfort. It's a durable, lightweight, breathable shoe. Made for the neutral walker/runner. It will keep your feet comfortable and dry.
Nike - Zoom Winflo 2 (Black/Anthracite/White) Men's Running Shoes
- The Nike Zoom Winflo2 is a very lightweight, flexible sneaker. It is very breathable and has a removable insole.
I was very disappointed to find virtually no Nike walking shoes. They seem to have stopped making this line of athletic sneakers.
However, their running shoes are made with top notch materials to keep your feet dry and comfortable. They are a great choice for fitness walkers although I'm disappointed about the small selection of walking shoes as well as the limited availability of wide and narrow widths.
Please view my list of Best Rated Walking Shoes that includes walking shoes from many different brands. You'll find a lot of great options in every color, price and style.
Don’t miss this helpful article on how to pick the most comfortable shoes. It offers great tips for how to determine which shoe you are going to be most happy with.