The best men's walking shoes for 2017 include some of the most popular shoes that have been favorites for several years as well as some new additions to the list.
The sneakers that made the list are Asics, New Balance, Saucony, and Brooks. You'll find recommendations for those with flat feet, high arches, overpronation and underpronation.
Before you take a look at the list of best walking shoes for men below, take a moment to think about your foot type. What type of arches do you have? Do you tend to overpronate or underpronate? I've divided the list of shoes into categories based on what foot type they are designed for - neutral, stability or motion control, to ensure you find the sneaker that will fit your feet the best.
Knowing whether you need a neutral, stability or motion
control shoe will save you from foot pain, injuries and back and joint pain.
Take a quick minute to look at this article about the
best walking shoes
which will walk you through the process of determining what type of shoe
you need to wear. It will help you narrow down your options and
maximize your comfort.
These shoes made the best rated men's walking shoes list because
of the following characteristics: comfort, support, flexibility, motion
control and price. These are all features that make up a good walking
There are a lot of great recommendations here. You'll find picks for the best walking shoes for flat feet. You'll also find the best walking shoes for high arches, too.
And finally, purchase your shoes from a store that has a good return or exchange policy. The shoes may feel comfortable in the store, but it is very possible to develop pain after wearing them for a few days. Find a store that will let you bring them back and at least exchange them.
- New! The Asics GEL-QuickWalk™ 3 SL is an update to a popular and well loved style. It has a new, sleek style without compromising comfort and durability. With it's gel rearfoot technology, your heels will get the proper cushioning they need for a walker's stride. At less than $80, these sneakers are a great value.
- New! New to the 2017 Best Men's Walking Shoes List are the Hoka One One Valor LTR. Hoka's are one of the newest shoes to hit the athletic footwear market. What makes them different? They have a larger insole than other running shoes which means they can pack in extra cushioning to give you a cloud-like feeling. Although they look bulky they are actually very lightweight and comfortable. They have great shock absorption and are a good choice if you are on your feet all day. If you've been suffering from foot pain or any type of foot injury, this could be a good choice for you as they provide extra support to your feet during your natural walking stride.
- New! New to the 2017 Best Men's Walking Shoes List are the New Balance 1865, Version 1. This sneaker will provide the comfort and durability your feet need. It has great breathability to help keep your feet dry. One important note: it runs a half size too small so order a half size larger than your normal shoe size.
- The New Balance 665 is a great value at less than $70. It is lightweight, breathable, durable and comfortable.
- New! New to the 2017 Best Men's Walking Shoes List is the Saucony Echelon LE2. It is a great shoe for a neutral walker needing a cushioned sneaker. It is lightweight and has great shock absorption. It accommodates custom orthotics.
- The New Balance 840, version 3 is a great looking shoe that is perfect for someone who wears custom orthotics.
- The New Balance 877 is a medicare-approved sneaker that has a lot of cushioning and shock absorbency. This style received high ratings for comfort.
- New! New to the 2017 Best Men's Walking Shoes List are the Altra Provision Walk. This sneaker is designed for those on their feet all day. What is unique about this style is the Zero Drop™ platform, which means the heel is not raised, like other athletic sneakers. It helps you maintain a natural foot position which can help improve your posture. It has a roomy toe box, which is great if you need the extra space for your toes.
- The Saucony Omni Grid Walker is an extremely comfortable shoe that provides good stability and support. It has been on the Best Men's Walking Shoes List for years now because it is always popular with walkers. It is recommended for those with diabetes as well as those with Plantar Fasciitis. It provides good shock absorbency and cushioning, making them comfortable enough to wear all day long.
- The New Balance 847, version 2, is an all-around great sneaker. It is made to maximize motion control and will help keep your feet dry and odor free. It's a great looking, comfortable shoe.
- The Brooks Addiction Walker is one of the most comfortable men's walking shoes available and has been on the Best Men's Walking Shoes List for several years. If you need a comfortable shoe, perhaps one that you can wear all day, then you should consider the Brooks Addiction Walker. It provides great shock absorption and is made with an extended diagonal rollbar that provides great stability. Keep this shoe in mind if your top priority is comfort.
- New! New to the 2017 Best Men's Walking Shoes List are the Asics Gel Foundation Workplace. This sneaker is a great option for the workplace. Built for comfort and durability. And, they have good traction control on the bottom to avoid slips.
- New! The New Balance 928, version 2, for men are new to the 2017 Best Men's Walking Shoes List. The focus of this style is comfort and stability. They can be worn in casual and more formal situations.
This list of best men's walking shoes will help you find the perfect pair for your feet.