The amount of calories burned by walking depends on two important factors: your weight and speed.
The more you weigh, the more calories your body naturally expends
to maintain itself. And, the faster you walk, the faster you'll burn
Below you'll find a quick and easy way to determine the number of
calories burned while walking for exercise. It is based on your weight
and speed. You'll also find ideas to burn even more calories while
You may also use this handy walking calories calculator to determine how many calories you can burn. You may plug in your own weight, pace and time spent walking and you'll find out exactly how many calories you burned while walking. Use it after each and every walk to track your progress.
And at the end of this article, I have some easy ways for you to burn even more calories while walking.
If You Weigh 120 pounds
If You Weigh 150 pounds
If You Weigh 175 pounds
If You Weigh 200 pounds
If you aren't sure how fast you walk, here a few easy ways to determine how many miles per hour:
1. You can determine your pace by how quickly you walk one mile.
* 3.0 mph (miles per hour) = a 20-minute mile
* 3.5 mph = a 17 or 18 minute mile
* 4 mph = a 15-minute mile
2. You can determine your pace using the "talk test."
* If you can talk easily during you walk, you are most likely walking 3 miles per hour
* If it is somewhat difficult to talk while walking briskly, you are most likely walking 3.5 miles per hour
* If it is difficult to get out more than a word or two while you
are walking very briskly, you are most likely walking 4 miles per hour
3. You can use a digital pedometer to track your walking pace. For more information, read this article on the best pedometers to purchase.
which will help you burn even more calories and fat while exercising. It
helps break the exercise plateau so you reach your fitness and weight
loss goals quicker.
You now have the information you need to track your daily or
weekly caloric loss through walking, which will help you reach your
weight loss goals.
Search The Fitness Walking Guide using the Google search box below:
You'll receive free tips on fitness walking, health and weight loss. And I'll never share your email address.