The best rated walking shoes for 2017 are made from top quality materials, create maximum comfort and provide great overall value. They are designed with the needs of a fitness walker in mind.
They have been crafted with the
latest technology to provide the right amount of support, cushioning and
flexibility. In addition, they’ve been rated by hundreds of users on their comfort and durability.
I've created lists for both men and women so read on to find your perfect pair. This year's list included some time tested favorites that have been popular for years. In addition, there are newer styles and updated versions of styles from last year's list.
You'll find the best walking shoes for flat feet in the motion control category, the best walking shoes for high arches in the neutral category and a great variety of stability shoes for everyone else.
- New! New to the 2017 Best Rated Walking Shoes List is the Ryka Devotion Plus 2. It is actually a running shoe but since it has so many great comfort features built in, such as good cushioning, shock absorbency and padding, it's a great option for a walker. I love the sharp color combinations as well. It's a stylish, comfortable, affordable sneaker.
- New! New to the 2017 Best Rated Walking Shoes List is the Ryka Charisma. A great looking sneaker at a great price. This style is lightweight and made with mesh material to keep your feet dry. It also has a memory foam foot bed to keep your feet comfortable.
- The Saucony Grid Omni Walker is a very comfortable shoe that provides good support and cushioning. Walkers love these shoes and they are great for those on their feet all day.
- New! New to the 2017 Best Rated Walking Shoes List is the Altra Women's
Provision Walk. I am very excited to see this new shoe that is made just for walkers. It has Zero Drop™ Platform which means the heel isn't raised which allows you to have the most natural foot strike as possible. It has a roomy, wide toe box which is great if you have wide toes or if you have bunions. If you are on your feet all day, these are a great choice.
- The New Balance 1065 is a great looking style that really performs. It's made with lightweight and breathable materials. It's rated highly for comfort by women walkers.
- The Asics GEL-Tech Walker Neo 4 is made with plenty of cushioning for a comfortable fit. It also has fabric that is designed to wick moisture and sweat away from your feet to keep them dry. It will provide good shock absorption and traction control for a nice, sturdy feel.
- New! New to the 2017 Best Rated Walking Shoes List is the Hoka One One Valor. This is the next level in athletic sneakers! They are quite the rage with runners for so many reasons. The low heel which helps your foot strike the ground naturally is good for your posture and your back. Have a look at all of the positive reviews saying this is the most comfortable shoe ever. If you need to be on your feet all day, wear orthotics, have plantar fasciitis, give these sneakers careful consideration.
- The Saucony Integrity ST 2 really speaks for itself when it comes to a great walking shoe. It's made for comfort and durability and is a great athletic sneaker and is also perfect for those who need to be on their feet all day.
- The Saucony Echelon LE2 provides good shock absorption, traction control and durability. So far, women are loving this sneaker and can wear it as a workout shoe or for all day use.
- The New Balance 877 is rated very high for comfort and cuteness. A nice blend of colors but it also has all the support and comfort you need.
- New! New to the 2017 Best Rated Walking Shoes List is New Balance 928, version 2. This style is built for comfort and durability. Women report that they are, "walking on a cloud", "favorite shoes ever", "most comfortable shoes" and more.
- New! New to the 2017 Best Rated Walking Shoes List is Asics Women's
GEL-Foundation® Workplace. If you are a mail carrier, nurse, or need to be on your feet all day, these sneakers are a great option.
- The New Balance 847, version 2 is medicare approved and designed to keep your feet comfortable and dry all day.
- The Brooks Addiction Walker has been a great choice for a few years now. It has so many positive reviews and women rate it highly for comfort, shock absorption and arch support.
- New! The men's Altra Provision Walk are new to the Best Rated Walking Shoes List. This sneaker has some really great features and is great for men who have to be on their feet all day. It has a Zero Drop™ Platform which means it doesn't have an elevated heel like most athletic sneakers. This helps you maintain a natural foot strike and foot position which helps with your posture, back and feet.
- The New Balance 847, version 2, is medicare approved. It is designed to keep your feet dry and comfortable. Many men rate this sneaker as the most comfortable shoe they've ever worn.
- The Saucony Grid Omni Walker is a great choice for men looking for a lightweight, comfortable walking shoe.
- New! The Asics GEL-QuickWalk™ 3 SL makes the 2017 Best Rated Walking Shoes list because it is a good looking, comfortable sneaker.
- New! New to the 2017 Best Rated Walking Shoes List are the Hoka One One Valor LTR. This is all new kind of sneaker that is built on a rocker platform which is designed for the greatest level of comfort. They are great if you have to be on your feet all day, suffer from foot problems, joint problems, etc.
- New! New to the 2017 Best Rated Walking Shoes List are the New Balance 1865, Version 1. They have a lot of cushioning to provide maximum comfort. They run small so order a size up.
- The New Balance 840, version 2 provides great shock absorbency, cushioning and comfort. It's lightweight and breathable as well. It's also a great choice for those who need to insert a custom orthotic.
- The New Balance 665 is lightweight and breathable. It's provides great shock absorption as well. At less than $70 it is a great value.
- The Saucony Echelon LE2 has a lot of great features - low heel-to-toe drop to create a more natural foot strike, cushioning, shock absorption and durability as well.
- The New Balance 877 is a comfortable sneaker that is also medicare-approved. It is made from suede and mesh as well as a durable rubber sole.
- The Brooks Addiction Walker is one of the best rated walking shoes for men. It provides top of the line comfort and stability.
- New! New to the 2017 Best Rated Walking Shoes List are the Asics Gel Foundation 12. These are running shoes but they are a great looking motion control shoe. They are comfortable, accommodate orthotics and keep your feet dry.
This list of best rated walking shoes fit the needs of fitness walkers. They
are also well-known name brands that use quality materials. And most of
them can be purchased for less than $100. It may be tempting to
purchase a discount shoe, but if they are made from inferior materials
they can wear out quickly which could in turn cause blisters or other
skin injuries to your feet.
It’s important to remember that the
best walking shoes
for your feet are the ones that fit best and are the most comfortable.
This means that you don’t have to be bound to this list of best rated
walking shoes. If you find a well-made shoe that fits perfectly but
isn’t on this list – buy it!
Take some time to visit an athletic footwear professional at a
great fitness shoe store. They are more than happy to discuss and
analyze your needs as well as the shape and design of your feet.
An analysis of your feet will identify which type of shoe you
need. For example, those with high arches often need a neutral shoe.
Those with flat feet typically need a motion control shoe and those with
a normal arch can wear a shoe with some stability.
So you see, choosing the right shoe involves more than finding a
good color and a great price. It even goes farther than selecting a shoe
from this list of best rated walking shoes for 2016. You should know
what foot type you have and select shoes specifically designed for your
Make your purchase from a store that has a good exchange policy.
Although your shoes should feel comfortable when you try them on, they
may become uncomfortable within a few days of using them under your
normal walking conditions. A reputable athletic store will allow you to
bring them back and exchange them for another pair.
Here are some helpful tips to help you find the most
comfortable walking shoes.
Taking the time to find the best rated walking shoes that fit your needs
and the shape and biomechanics of your feet is well worth the extra
effort. Your feet will feel great and you’ll be able to walk longer
because of it. And that will make you feel great too!