The best rated walking shoes for 2014 are made from top quality materials, create
maximum comfort and provide great overall value. They are designed with the
needs of a fitness walker in mind. They have been crafted with the
latest technology to provide the right amount of support, cushioning and
In addition, they’ve been rated by hundreds of users on their comfort and durability.
I've created lists for both men and women so read on to find your perfect pair!This year's list included some time tested favorites that have been popular for years. In addition, there are newer styles and updated versions of styles from last year's list.
You'll find the best walking shoes for flat feet in the motion control category, the best walking shoes for high arches in the neutral category and a great variety of stability shoes for everyone else.
New Balance WW1765 - Women's - Shoes - Grey
- New! The New Balance 1765 is New to the 2014 Best Rated Walking Shoes List. This style is made with lighter materials than most sneakers but has plenty of cushioning for a comfortable feel. It's also made with durable materials to hold up well with everyday walking. And, it comes in some great color combinations!
|Saucony Grid Omni Walker - Women's - Shoes - White - The Saucony Grid Omni Walker is a very comfortable shoe that provides good support and cushioning. Walkers love these shoes and they are great for those on their feet all day.|
Asics GEL-Tech Walker Neo 2 - Women's - Shoes - White
- New! New to the 2014 Best Rated Walking Shoes List is the Asics GEL-Tech Walker Neo 2. This is a very stable shoe that provides good cushioning and shock absorption. It's made with a bunion window for women for extra comfort for women who have bunions or just need an extra wide toe box.
|New Balance WW665KM - Women's - Shoes - Pink - One of New Balance's newer styles, the 665 provides plenty of cushioning for added comfort as well as great shock absorption.|
|Saucony ProGrid Integrity ST 2 - Women's - Shoes - White- The Saucony Integrity ST 2 really speaks for itself when it comes to a great walking shoe. It's made for comfort and durability and is a great athletic sneaker and is also perfect for those who need to be on their feet all day.|
|New Balance WW659 - Women's - Shoes - Grey - Designed for an active walker, the New Balance 659 is both lightweight and supportive. It's built to be a bit more rugged and is very durable.|
Asics GEL-Frequency 2 SB - Women's - Shoes - Black
- New! New to the 2014 Best Rated Shoes for Women List for is the Asics GEL-Frequency 2 SB. This style really has it all - it is lightweight, comfortable and stylish, too.
Saucony Echelon LE2 - Women's - Shoes - White
- New! New to the Best Rated Walking Shoes List is the Saucony Echelon LE2. It provides good shock absorption, traction control and durability. So far, women are loving this sneaker and can wear it as a workout shoe or for all day use.
New Balance WW847WB - Women's - Shoes - White
- The New Balance 847 is an all-around great walking shoe. Women rate it highly for comfort, arch support, breathability and durability.
New Balance WW978GT - Women's - Shoes - Brown
- The New Balance 978 is a great choice for women who like to walk on a variety of terrains and even do some light hiking. This style provides good motion control and traction control to help prevent slipping when you go off-road. It's also feels lightweight and is comfortable, too.
Brooks Addiction Walker '09 - Women's - Shoes - White
- The Brooks Addiction Walker has been a great choice for a few years now. It has so many positive reviews and women rate it highly for comfort, shock absorption and arch support.
New Balance WW928VW - Women's - Shoes - White
- The New Balance 928 is an outstanding choice for women looking for a solid motion control shoe. It comes with laces or velcro for those who have arthritic hands. It has good cushioning and is
New Balance WW812VW - Women's - Shoes - White
- The New Balance 812 is a great choice that combines cushioning, comfort, arch support and pronation control into one fantastic walking shoe.
Saucony Grid Omni Walker - Men's - Shoes - Black
- The Saucony Grid Omni Walker is a great choice for men looking for a lightweight, comfortable walking shoe.
New Balance MW1765 - Men's - Shoes - Grey
- New! New to the Best Rated Walking Shoe list for 2014 is the New Balance 1765. It's made with more lightweight materials than traditional New Balance shoes, but is also comfortable and durable.
Asics GEL-Quickwalk SL - Men's - Shoes - White
- This is a great choice for a neutral walker. A comfortable and stylish sneaker that can be worn everyday.
New Balance MW759BR - Men's - Shoes - Brown
- The New Balance 759 is a great walking shoe that is made with durable and rugged materials for light hiking, too.
New Balance MW659 - Men's - Shoes - Grey
- New! The New Balance 659 is a great looking, rugged sneaker that is comfortable and durable.
New Balance MW847WN - Men's - Shoes - White
- One of New Balance's updated models, the 847 is quickly proving to be a great walking shoe. It provides great motion control is rated highly for comfort, cushioning and breathability.
New Balance MW978GT - Men's - Shoes - Brown
- The New Balance 978 is a great choice for light hiking. It has a waterproof membrane to keep your feet dry. Despite its hefty appearance, men rate it highly for both comfort and lightness.
Asics GEL-Tech Walker Neo 2 - Men's - Shoes - White
- This style has a built-in bunion window so it's great for men with bunions or someone looking for an extra wide toe box. It rates highly in cushioning and comfort, but feels lightweight, too.
Brooks Addiction Walker - Men's - Shoes - Black
- The Brooks Addiction Walker is one of the best rated walking shoes for men. It provides top of the line comfort and stability.
New Balance MW812WT - Men's - Shoes - White
- The New Balance 812 is an updated model of the popular 811. It rates highly among men for comfort, arch support and durability.
New Balance MW928BR - Men's - Shoes - Brown
- The New Balance 928 really speaks for itself, just take a look at the hundreds of positive reviews! It rates highly for comfort, arch support and durability.
This list of best rated walking shoes fit the needs of fitness walkers. They
are also well-known name brands that use quality materials. And most of
them can be purchased for less than $100. It may be tempting to
purchase a discount shoe, but if they are made from inferior materials
they can wear out quickly which could in turn cause blisters or other
skin injuries to your feet.
It’s important to remember that the
best walking shoes
for your feet are the ones that fit best and are the most comfortable.
This means that you don’t have to be bound to this list of best rated
walking shoes. If you find a well-made shoe that fits perfectly but
isn’t on this list – buy it!
Take some time to visit an athletic footwear professional at a
great fitness shoe store. They are more than happy to discuss and
analyze your needs as well as the shape and design of your feet.
An analysis of your feet will identify which type of shoe you
need. For example, those with high arches often need a neutral shoe.
Those with flat feet typically need a motion control shoe and those with
a normal arch can wear a shoe with some stability.
So you see, choosing the right shoe involves more than finding a
good color and a great price. It even goes farther than selecting a shoe
from this list of best rated walking shoes for 2014. You should know
what foot type you have and select shoes specifically designed for your
Make your purchase from a store that has a good exchange policy.
Although your shoes should feel comfortable when you try them on, they
may become uncomfortable within a few days of using them under your
normal walking conditions. A reputable athletic store will allow you to
bring them back and exchange them for another pair.
Here are some helpful tips to help you find the most
comfortable walking shoes.
Taking the time to find the best rated walking shoes that fit your needs
and the shape and biomechanics of your feet is well worth the extra
effort. Your feet will feel great and you’ll be able to walk longer
because of it. And that will make you feel great too!
Search The Fitness Walking Guide using the Google search box below:
You'll receive free tips on fitness walking, health and weight loss. And I'll never share your email address.